Saturday, July 01, 2006

It's Possible to be Too Social...

I think I need to slow down. Introverts have it right. I spend way to much of my time out and about and very little time at home just resting, and as a result, I'm getting burned out.

I came home at 2am yesterday...And then I was running about today- waxing lady, visiting parents, gym, now I'm beat...And I'm ready to just crash. Tomorrow I've got a lunch event, a baby shower, and friends coming for dinner, and I'm doing groceries in the morning. WHO AM I???

UGH- ENOUGH! I am starting to see some merit in what my ex used to say to me (yes, I know, I can't believe I just said that either). But he would often tell me to slow down, not to be such a busy gal. He warned that one day it would all catch up to me and I would just burn out. I often dismissed his comments and just as much assumed he thought that way because he was an introvert, and I'm an extrovert, and we are just different that way. But now I'm thinking, maybe I'm changing, maybe I'm getting old. But nowadays, being out and about recharges me to a limit, but it's also starting to just make me tired. Hmmm- I wonder what those personality test people would say about me now...

Either way, he was right. I think scheduling one main thing each weekend is more than enough. Everything else can be just last minute stuff, or lazy at home stuff. I mean, this weekend alone I have 5 events. That's 4 too many. And that's why I'm here on a Saturday night, wanting nothing more than to go to sleep at 9pm...Sad but true.

No comments: