Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Still Changing the Name

I'm still working on the name change. This is taking a lot longer than I originally expected. I came to the office, ordered new business cards, and called the tech dudes to change my email address. They said it would take effect on Friday. And then I started to get emails halfway through the day asking if I had changed my name. Then I got phone calls from people checking to see if I left the company because my old email address kept bouncing back. What a mess. Leave it to technology to mess up. My manual name changes yesterday were a piece of cake compared to this.

Here are the funny comments from today:
  • One VP emailed me to congratulate me on my marriage. I think she felt weird when I replied, telling her that I am now divorced
  • Another friend emailed me and was very irritated to hear that he wasn't invited to my wedding
  • Another friend emailed me and said "Good riddance. Mail your ex some KY Jelly and tell him its for his hand"...
  • Another friend suggested that I send my ex a copy of the divorce certificate with a kiss mark on it (man you people are EVIL) :-)
  • Another colleague that I haven't worked with in 2 years emailed me to tell me that she couldn't believe this could happen to someone like me, and gave me her words of wisdom. That was very touching
  • My boss congratulated me and told me to go for a drink :) as did half the world who got my email
  • Another co-worker told me that changing my name was Step 1 of operation "I'm single and I'm hot"...Yah right...But thanks for the vote of confidence :)
Ahhh...I love friends. The support is overwhelming :)

No comments: