Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I need a Vacation

OK - A vacation and a party :)

The divorce came and went...No issues. Not that I was hoping for issues or anything, I'm quite grateful that I didn't have to deal with many, except for the occasional mood swings from my ex. Thankfully, he's avoiding me these days. I think he's fed up of bugging me. Hooray for some good news.

I find that I'm getting to that point again. The point where I feel like I need a break. I've taken time off this year in March and a day or so here or there, but these days, it just feels different. I've marked the end of a two year hellish ordeal, and I think the occasion deserves a treat. Even if it costs my line of credit. I mean, this is a milestone, is it not? The end to an era. I think I do need to do something different...Something drastically different from the ordinary routine. I might just do something spontaneous and take off somewhere on my own. Then again, all this thought makes it not-so-spontaneous doesn't it?

As for everything else, it's all going well. I've been putting in some late nights to catch up on things at the office. Another week and I think I'll have them exactly where I want them. I hate it when I fall behind. Then again, if I take off and vacation somewhere, I'll be right back where I started :(

On another note, I'm glad to say the sunburn is healing. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Not the swimming part, just the forgetting sunblock part. Speaking of which, I noticed something at the pool on Saturday. My daughter who is afraid of water (or so she claims), may be that way because of me. When I changed and came out, she was sitting along the pool and refusing to get in. This is typical for her, whether it is a pool, sprinkler, or anything else. When she saw me get in, she jumped right in and had a great time. I'm wondering if she avoids the water because I do? That would be a really bad thing, and probably a good example of negative role modeling, even if it wasn't intentional. Either way, I hope to change that in the near future. I wonder what other things she picks up from me, or am I just being too sensitive?

No comments: