Monday, July 03, 2006

Zoo With the Children

I'm taking the children to the zoo today with Mich and Rich. I am so tired from yesterday's events that I actually would love to just crash today. But, I promised the children, and they woke up jumping on my bed saying "Hoooray! Today is the day we go to the zoo!"....It's not like I can say that we're not going anymore because mommy is just too tired...Sigh. I'm sure my energy will pick up again. Well, I'm hoping that it will.

So, yesterday was fun, but busy. I impressed myself with my ability to put together a 4 dish Indian meal in less than an hour, and it actually turned out ok. I had a fantastic time with my friends yesterday, so I'm glad we did it...But like I said, I need to learn not to schedule too much in one day moving forward.

So yesterday morning I was a bit thrown off. I got up and realized that I had a large bruise under my eyebrow. Basically a black eye. It was from the electrolysis on Saturday I think. I think I moved and she must have hit a vein. A common occurrence during electrolysis. The weird thing was, as I stood in front of the mirror and pulled out all my shades of foundation for covering a black eye, I just couldn't compose myself anymore. It was almost 3 years ago that I last had to bust out the makeup to cover a black eye, and while this one was not related to anything like the past ones, it just really messed me up. I remembered all the past mornings, pulling out the makeup, covering the eye, and I looked at myself, crying in the mirror, thinking 'Why am I crying? This is finally over....'

It's odd how something like a little electrolysis accident can trigger so many bad memories. It actually threw my entire day off....I couldn't shake it, because I kept going to the washroom throughout the day to make sure the bruise wasn't showing, just as I've done many times in the past. Strange, but true.

It's almost funny. I'll be at the courthouse tomorrow to get the divorce papers, and the morning of, I will have to wake up and cover a bruise on my eye. This one is innocent, but still, it just feels so...Sick. And in some ways....Almost fitting. Now that was sick of me to say, but, these are the thoughts racing through my head today. The crazy rantings of Shaz I suppose...Sigh. 24 hours to go. Wish me luck guys....

No comments: