Saturday, July 22, 2006

Rise and Shine

I woke up to two sets of eyes peering at me. The children were sitting up in bed, apparently waiting for me to wake up. As soon as my eyes opened, my daughter said "rise and shine princess mommy"...

"And good morning to you too....What time is it?" I looked at the clock...6am. GOOD GOD. Why don't children sleep in? Man I was so tired. And they were wired. Bad combination.

"OK- I'm up....What would you like to do?" They started jumping up and down on the bed.

"Scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs!".....OI....My head. OK Scrambled eggs. I wish I would learn to sleep earlier at night. They sleep at 8, I sleep at 2am, they wake up at 6am, and I am basically screwed. My fault...Totally my fault.

So here I am, full blown headache. But it's my fault. Don't get me wrong. There is nothing in the world better than waking up to my princess saying "rise and shine" and showering me with her butterfly kisses. It's the most awesome thing in the world. Just...The 6am part is brutal :)

So, I have the children with me until 2pm today, and then they are off to their dad's place. She is already protesting and saying she doesn't want to go, she'd rather stay with me. This is emotionally difficult. For me, for her, and yes, for her dad.

Anyhow, I have dinner with an out of town friend tonight, so I have to get my laundry etc done so I can actually relax and chill this evening. Looking forward to spending time with my friend. I'm trying to see if I can find us a last minute Summerlicious cancellation...no luck yet. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, IMHO you shouldn't care about what's tough for your daughter's father. Don't give it a second thought.

Second, and more importantly, you should ask her why she doesn't want to go to visit. He could be ... well, we don't know exactly what he's capable of ... I don't want to scare you but you want to make sure it's not something he's intentionally or unintentionally doing, to hurt her. Protect your children. One can never be too cautious with children.

shaz said...

I know...I've asked both children many times and they just say that they prefer to stay with me because I'm "nicer". I do believe them, because if it were anything else, it would likely show up in other ways...tantrums, withdrawl, etc. But trust me, I do keep an eye on them just in case.

The laws in this country are really stupid. Knowing he is bi-polar, I was hoping he would only get supervised visitation and that I would get sole custody of the children. Instead we got joint custody and he gets unsupervised visitation, with overnight stays.

It's like something wrong has to happen before I can get either of those. Innocent before proven guilty is not always a good thing.

But like I said, my guard is always up.