Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Saturday at Home

I am not a homebody. Spending an entire day at home is hard for me. Spending an entire Saturday at home is even harder. Spending an entire Saturday with two children who keep saying 'can we please go outside' is the pits.

I'm trying to keep my son indoors. If I let him outside, he'll run, and I'm afraid because of the stitches. If I keep him indoors, I'm hoping that I can keep him somewhat contained, but he is SO bored. Heck, I'm bored. You can only do so many puzzles and board games. Now he wants to watch TV. How do you avoid a 6 hour TV day, or is it ok when a child is sick? My guilty side says no way, it's wrong to let a child watch that much TV, but my logical side says yes, let him, it's only one day, and the fact that he won't be bumping his head and busting open those stitches is worth it. Am I the only parent in the world who has guilty bouts?

No comments: