Monday, July 17, 2006

The Joys of Juggling a Flex Schedule

I'm totally grateful for the flexibility I have at the office. It's almost 7:30 and I'm still here working, because tonight is the night my ex has the children. Mondays and Wednesdays are his nights (for the summer due to soccer schedules). Tuesdays and Thursdays I leave the office early like 4 or 4:30 and Fridays I work a full schedule but at home. It's funny how I juggle everything around the children. But I'm really lucky, because not many single moms out there have this luxury. I'm glad I work for a great company and for an awesome boss.

I figure I'll put in another hour to catch up and then leave. It's funny because my mornings are equally flexible. Tuesdays and Thursdays I come in earlier (because I don't have to drop the children off at school) and Mondays and Wednesdays I come in later, because I do drop them off. Oh the joys...It never ends. ;)

Social life...What's that? You mean people actually get to have a life? NO! Really?

Actually I'm half joking. I get time in every other weekend when the children are away, and sometimes on the odd weeknight when they are with their dad. It all balances quite well actually.

I can just see myself in the future, when my children grow up, telling them stories of how much I had to juggle just for them....Well hey, our parents did it to us didn't they? We all heard the stories of how much they had to work to put food on the table, or about how much of a pain we were when they took us shopping. I figure my work arrangements ought to buy me something to talk about when they grow up. I can just see it now "I had to work till 8pm just to support you on my own"...leave out the days that I left early, or the fact that I actually enjoyed being at work, or the fact that I still had time to enjoy myself. I'm being bad.... :)

No comments: