Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sunglasses at Night

I was upstairs putting away the laundry. I don't know why I was so tunnel visioned, but I didn't even notice the music on in the house. I came downstairs to put in another load, and there was my son, dancing his heart out to my 80's CDs.

"Where did you find those?"
"In the box"
"What made you put them in?"
"I wanted to hear good music"

Funny...These are my 80's CDs. I'm talking pre-highschool. Like grade 6-8. How he found the few I had left and put them in I'll never know. It was very comical. He was shaking his butt side to side, just loving every moment.

"Well then...Carry on and enjoy"...And I went downstairs to put in the laundry. As I came up, he asked if I wanted to hear his favourite song. Sure, why not. It's not like I won't know it...These are, after all, my CDs...

He gleefully puts on Corey Hart...Sunglasses at Night. Too funny. I haven't heard that song since...God knows how long. It took me back. He talked about how great the beat was, and I laughed.

My son is into retro music. The retro he likes is from my "era". Kind of when I started listening to the Beatles and my parents said they could listen to it with me. GOD I feel old. How hilarious.

2 comments:

Lt. Dan said...

........................................................................................................................................................................................................sigh

shaz said...

I have no idea what that means...but I can only imagine what you may have been thinking when you thought of my 80's CD with the Corey Hart song. :)