Saturday, April 22, 2006

Shoe Shopping

It's April!!! Do you KNOW what that means? I made it to my personal goal!!! Nevermind the fact that I am totally financially a mess these days. Any of you who read 65 Pairs of Shoes in October remember that I promised I would not buy new shoes until April. It's APRIL! Glorious April! And do you know what I did? I bought 3 pairs of shoes! I love meeting personal goals. Oh Happy Day!

So 3 pairs- Black high heeled sandal with a flower on the front, leopard printed sandal (who can resist the leopard?) and casual suede walking shoes, for my practical side. Hooray! Now I have 68 pairs of shoes! Wow....Between this and the pink entry from yesterday, I'm starting to feel a bit airheaded and blonde (no disrespect to my blonde friends). I guess that's the weird thing about me. I can be business minded, book smart and the like, but I can also be a TOTAL girl :-)

I guess that makes me a bit complicated. (Although....I would prefer to position it as interesting) :-) Yes, let's use interesting. It's much more positive than "complicated". Now for the next step- handbag shopping- no - I'm kidding. I'm officially broke. No frills till the ex gets a job and starts paying child support again. No child support means bills are harder to pay, so I do have to hold off. In my own defense, the shoes were on major sale. I won't tell how much but let's just say I did really well. :-)

And besides. I needed to get my mind off some things today which is why the shoe shopping was an absolute must. I did get my mind off those things while I was shopping but I must admit...It's on my mind again. Hmm- maybe shopping therapy doesn't quite last as long as dealing with what's on your mind. Oh well. I'll take shopping therapy any day :-)

No comments: