Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Passing Ships

I've been trying to keep busy lately. I guess I've had a lot on my mind. It's weird, I'm going to the gym, going shopping (aka going broke), and passing time with friends. I have some stuff on my plate that I've been avoiding. Well, I guess I just don't want to think about it too much. I'll need to pass a couple off weeks, and then I'll be fine.

It's kind of weird. I haven't felt this way since I was waiting for the GMAT score. That was agonizingly painful. I mean, imagine sitting around for 2 weeks waiting to find out if your test results were good enough to get you into business school. Yes, those were the days of pen and paper exams. Yes I am that old. Man that was brutal. And painful.

So here I am, waiting to pass time. This time, it's a bit different. Have you ever been in a situation where you feel like you've been watching the horizon, waiting for a ship, and this time, you can see a ship on the horizon, and it's coming closer? That's where I am with this particular decision....But somehow, I have the feeling this ship is going to just keep on sailing...Like it's going to pass me by.

Normally it would be ok...I mean, I'm a strong individual, and I've dealt with enough in my day. But this time, I have the weird feeling that if I look back on this a few years from now, I might feel like I missed a boat (no pun intended). I mean....I don't know...It's all very weird.

So anyhow...I wait. You know, life is funny sometimes. Just when you think you are about to breathe, you get dealt a whole new deck of cards. How unfair. And to my Muslim friends, yes the ones who refuse to post comments on this blog, but oh-so-gleefully email me or call me with their comments afterwards....What the heck? What about the statement that "after hardship always comes ease?" Am I the anomaly or something? After an 11 year crappy marriage and a 2 year crappy separation...Where is the ease? I'm not getting that verse. Please explain. Sometimes, I think that life just hands you a gyp of a deck of cards. And the deal just doesn't ever get any better.

No comments: