Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Bye Rich...

I guess I'm having a bit of a sad day. My dear friend Rich is moving to New York. He has been like a real older brother to me. All my life I wished for an older brother to watch out for me, and well, I guess I had one for about a year, and now he's moving. To New York. That's far. Way too far. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm definitely going to visit him, (what, like I would pass up an opportunity to shop in New York?), but really, it's just not going to be the same. I didn't expect to feel this sad...But it has put quite the damper on my day. I'm happy for him because it's a great opportunity and yet...Still kind of down.

I went to visit him this morning. Dropped off a small parting gift, and said goodbye. Promised myself I wouldn't cry. I am like the Niagara Falls when it comes to tears, so I'm proud of myself for staying composed. Rich is the closest thing I've ever had to a real big brother, (right down to the psycho protective nature), so what a loss.

Funny- I have so many great people around me, but I always seem to have to say goodbye at some point or another. Kind of sad. Thank God his wife is still in town for a few more months....She is like a second sister. Thank God for silver lining, and for awesome friends. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best thing about having a wonderful sister is knowing that no matter how far a brother moves away from home, the spiritual connection always keeps them close

...and MSN Messenger of course! ;)

shaz said...

I love you Richard! You're an awesome brother! You and Mich rock! Thanks for everything!

And yes, isn't msn the best? I am ALWAYS online!h