Sunday, April 30, 2006

Old Friends

I went to bed really late last night. I had some friends pop by at midnight and they hung out till 3:30 am. We had a lot of fun. The not so fun part was that I went to bed at 4 and the children woke me up at 8am. Oh my head. Then I had some old friends from when we lived in Markham come by for a visit. They just left. The children had a fantastic time. There was 7 children in the house in total, and they behaved pretty well. I think my friends and I have established that I am the queen of rules when it comes to the children, but I think it's a good thing, because it gives them predictable behaviors and outcomes, which means life is easier overall. For both them, and myself. It's all good.

So now, its homework with the children and winding down for Monday. I love Sunday evenings at home.

My son and I had a really nice chat last night. He told me that I was the most loving mother in the world, and that "although you always look really pretty, you've been looking really really pretty these days". I have no clue what he meant, but it was very cute to hear. I told him that it was very touching for me to hear it from him, because he is the only prince in my life, and for me to hear that from him is the most special thing of all. His love is so important to me.

My daughter and I spent some time together yesterday as well. I asked her what makes her happy and what makes her sad. She listed off several things, all of which were pretty normal. Then I asked her what one thing makes her the happiest of all, and she said "being best friends with you mommy". My heart melted. I love these children. I changed my life for these children. They are so important to me. I love my weekends with the children. Thank God for their Golden light. It guides me in ways that I can't even begin to describe.

No comments: