Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year 2007

It's finally here. I have been waiting for 2007. It just feels like a really really clean slate. If you think about it, 2006 was alot for me, a very bad year emotionally. Honestly speaking, 2007 can only get better. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. I'm hoping that now that the divorce paperwork is done, now that I've told my ex where to go, now that I've dealt with Syd's death, now that my children are more settled, and now that I've made new friends who understand me and who don't hold me to my past, well, how much cleaner can a slate get? The job situation, well yeah that leaves a bit to be desired given the re-org and stuff, but still, I'm ready to face 2007. A car accident at the end of 2006 was just the icing on the cake, further showing that it just was not my year.

But here I am, 2007 at last. And guess what happened today? Jan 1, 2007, my little boy lost his first tooth at 11am. Cute isn't it? It's almost midnight and I just finished playing tooth fairy. I've been waiting to do this. It's like one of the honours of motherhood. Here's the funny part. I had like NO money in my wallet. I had to give him a $20 bill :) He's going to be one happy kid when he wakes up tomorrow :)

Here's to new beginnings...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eid Mubarak and New Year Mubarak...

S

Lt. Dan said...

You seem to think the same of 2006 as this guy.

shaz said...

Dan- I couldn't have said it better myself :)