Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Civic Returns

I got my car back today. No really. That's crazy isn't it? And they say it wasn't bad enough to write off. So, new front bumper, new rear bumper, new side panel, passenger door repairs, new front tires, newly repaired suspension, and re-alignment of tires. Yeah, tell me that my car is really gonna hold its value if I ever want to sell it. Exactly.

Anyhow, it looks fine. It seems to drive fine, so who knows? I just have this nagging feeling that it's just overall a weaker car.

I went to the chiropractor today. I learned that my back, neck, collarbone, and ribs will take awhile to heal. Like a year. That's with chiro visits and therapy twice a year. Oh yaay. I'm personally going to try to make it happen faster. No more heels for me. Flat shoes will be the way to go for the next while. Let's see what else I can do to help things along.

So I did speak to someone yesterday about my situation with my ex. I was told that my current implementation of the child access agreement was incorrect. How fascinating. Apparently, the fact that we have joint custody refers to major decision making only. Meaning if I wanted to convert their religion, I would need to get my ex's permission. If I wanted to change their schools, I would need his permission. He is legally entitled to attend PTA meetings with me, or call the doctor and ask about their medical well being. But that's it. I mean IT.

Apparently, he isn't allowed to go to their school. He isn't allowed to pull them out of school. He isn't allowed to have access to them, aside from his two weekends a month. He can go to their school to talk to the teacher, but he cannot go there to talk to him. GOLDEN! And to think- my stupid assed, over priced lawyer overlooked telling me this stuff during the separation. What did I pay him for?

So now, I can have much more peace. All I have to do is give the schools a copy of the court order for their files, and instruct them that he is not to come by to see the children. If he does, they are welcome to call the police. I no longer have to worry that he might go and take them out of school, that he might go and ask inappropriate questions. I no longer have to worry. I don't think he's entitled to come to after school soccer matches or to events. He isn't allowed to be in my face or harass me. This is going to make life a whole lot easier.

Remember when I said I was determined to make sure I got my life back this year? Well, buckle up and hold on. This is going to be quite the ride. And it is SO long overdue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shaz,

I am so happy to hear some positive things going on in your life. The more you research and find out, the better off you are. I suggest you continue to take control of the situation and move forward as you have been.

You GO girl :-)

BF

shaz said...

:) Supportive friends rock. Thanks hon. Like I said, I intend to make this year a great one.