Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Had to Post This...

You guys MUST read this post from the Dilbert Blog. I was laughing my butt off. He pretty much summarized most of my thoughts exactly. See, now this is why Sunni's don't believe in the whole Muttah thing (thank GOD!). And just for this alone, if I were Shiite, I'd convert. (Is it possible to 'convert' to different beliefs/sects within a religion?)

But then again, I do have issues with some of the Sunni things too....sigh. There is NO winning this one.

Anyhow, you know what I mean.

Sometimes, our interpretations of religion (any religion) can just be so weird. This is the stuff that makes me crazy....I mean I've come across so many things at times which just don't make sense, but we're supposed to believe them "just because". NO thanks.

6 comments:

Lt. Dan said...

Ummm...isn't believing "just because" the basis of religion? :)

Anonymous said...

What's funny about the post is that he (Scott Adams) lets anyone slamming Islam post comments but when I tried to post this comment:

Hi Scott,

Just wanted to tell you you've got some toilet paper sticking out of your pants...oh, sorry, didn't know you were wiping and writing at the same time with both hands.

>>> he didn't post my comment-- so much for freedom of speech. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I went on about the fact that hygiene had history in the Muslim world - whereas, the stink coming from the crusading armies of Europe could have killed everyone before they got to the holy land. plus the fact that they learned about daily bathing and soap from their encounters with Muslims... (someone had commented that maybe Muslims didn't know what soap was)...maybe he thought I went too far...

i guess i'll tackle this on my own blog :) oh, the joys of bloggin'
s

shaz said...

But I'm curious- why would you say that to him? I mean, read the other posts on his blog...he's not ANTI Muslim or anything...he's a comic- he makes fun of everything and everyone, including Bush, the War, Saddam Hussain, Jewish people....nobody is exempt from his posts.

I would recommend that you go back and read his previous posts - his posts are actually REALLY funny...

Anonymous said...

well, I guess I was taking his having allowed all other comments which were quite Islamophopic to be posted to mean that he was fine with that sort of freedom of speech; True, I haven't read his other posts - have you read the comments he moderated for this one? And on his other posts where he makes fun of "others", does he allow anti-semitic comments ??? I guess I'll have to go back and check but you can tell me too...

s

shaz said...

He allows all kinds of comments. Anti semitic, Anti muslim, anti cartoonist. He doesn't care. He's cool.

Anonymous said...

actually he did post my comment.

I wish i had written what Gideon wrote (he's the most recent comment as of today 10 pm.). He "pretty much summarized most of my thoughts exactly."

He hit the nail on the hand...I mean, head.

s