Sunday, January 14, 2007

Avoid the Eid Dinner, Avoid a Hassle

I decided a while back not to go to the Muslim Professional Network's Eid Dinner last night. There were two reasons for this decision. The first was that I had the children this weekend, and to be honest, I don't really like asking others to watch them on weekends for me. Weeknights when it's work related is another thing. To do it on weekends is just inconvenient for others, and dilutes my quality time with them. The second reason why I decided not to attend the dinner party is because I had a feeling that my Ex might be there. He attended the Iftar in Ramadan, and I attended that too, and it was awkward, creepy, and renewed all his stalking tendencies. For him, seeing me happy just makes him angry and miserable. Inevitably, he always takes that anger out on me. For that reason, I think it's just always better for me to avoid seeing him- why go through the discomfort and re-introduce his freakishness into my life? No thanks to that!

Anyhow, I got a full report of last night's dinner from a very close friend. He told me that yes, he was there, yes he came with the girlfriend, and yes, he left with her too. He was apparently much more relaxed and much less intense than usual. I say good for him. The quicker he moves on, the quicker he leaves me alone. I quite frankly don't care who she is, as long as she's good to my children. The day she says or does anything to hurt them is the day I turn nasty on both of them. Until them, I say let them be.

But here is the REALLY weird, and very scary thing. He's moved in with this person. So, he's apparently serious about this relationship. But, if all that's true, why was he so pissed off that I might be seeing someone? He supposedly has reason to believe I'm with someone, reason enough to call me an f--ng sl**. I mean, I know he has an insane imagination, but what the hell? One would hope that he wouldn't care what I do with my life. I mean, I don't care if he's moved on. If anything, I'm glad because it relieves some of the pressure off my life. But this, I just don't get. Does it mean that I still need to keep an eye open, that I can't really trust that I will be at peace at last? For now, I'm on guard. I'm just not sure how long I will have to be that way.

I have an important meeting tomorrow afternoon. This should answer many of my questions. It's at 4pm here in Mississauga, which means I basically will have to leave the office at 3pm. Thank God the laptop comes home with me every night, or I'd never get enough work done.

Wish me luck. Let's hope she has good news for me.

No comments: