Monday, January 15, 2007

Promise Me You Won't Ever Die

This is so scary. I just witnessed the absolute FREAKIEST conversation between my son and daughter. They didn't realize that I heard them talking. My daughter and son were lying in bed at bedtime tonight. My daughter since the car accident has been totally freaked out that something bad will happen to me. She is for some reason, really afraid of death. She keeps asking me if I'm going to die, when I'm going to die, and what will happen to her if I die. I keep reassuring her that I'm fine, I'm not going to die, and that I will be here to love her for a long long time.

Anyhow, she was talking to my son and asking what would happen if I were to die.

His reply: "Be quiet. Nobody's dying."

"But what if she dies? Who will take care of us? Who will change our clothes and cook and tuck us in at night?"

"Be quiet and go to sleep. Nobody's dying".

"I made a prayer. Wanna know what it is?"

"If you hurry. I wanna sleep"

"I asked God to make dad die first. Mommy loves us, so I want him to take daddy first because he's mean and yells alot. If he lets mommy live, he can have daddy"

"You're mean. Dad buys toys for us. Lots of them. If he dies, who will buy our toys? And, who will take us to our cousins to play? Mom doesn't go there anymore"

"Mom can find the way. And she can take all the toys from dad's house. I want God to make daddy die first. I'm going to pray for that."

And then I walked in. I asked 'Hey guys, what's up?"
"Nothing. We're sleeping".
"Mommy- will you die first or will daddy?"
"Baby- that's a long long time away...is there something you want to say to me honey?"
"Daddy should die first"
"You're so mean!"
"Am not!"
"OK guys. Listen. I'm not dying any time soon. Neither is your dad. We're both going to be here for a long long time so there is nothing for you to worry about. OK? Now....time for bed. Nobody's dying so let's talk about this later, OK? Goodnight guys!"

OK- So here is the deal. She wants him gone before me, and he sold me out for a bunch of toys. What the heck am I supposed to make of all this? Wow. That is SO messed up.

On another note, my appointment today went well. I have a long road ahead, and lots to do, so let's see where I end up. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reading that conversation bought shivers to my spine...

s