Friday, January 12, 2007

6 Months to a Year?!

I was working from home today. Part of me thinks it's good, as I get more work done, and the other part thinks I should be in the office right now. The environment is very toxic these days, and I feel like I need to be there to morally support my team. Then again, what moral support can I provide? I can't exactly answer questions, and I have nothing solid that I can add. It's pretty much a waiting game for everyone. Besides that, I've been working from home on Fridays since 2001. I'm not sure I want to break that routine unless I have to. These things (flex hours I mean) have a funny way of coming to an end without you intending for that to happen.

I had to go to the chiropractor today for myself, and my daughter. It turns out that she will need a bit longer to heal, but fortunately she isn't in any pain, unless you actually touch the part of her ribs that were affected. Another month or so and she should be better.

As for me, I'm not as lucky. The two back to back pregnancies did a number on my back, and it had just healed 100% about a year ago. The car accident put it out worse than it was after my pregnancies. I feel so defeated. She said the pain MAY go away in 3 months, and my back will heal in 6 months on an aggressive program, one year in a medium program. If I do any less it won't heal. And this isn't some back alley chiropractor. This is one that I fully respect. She was the one who would tell me when it wasn't necessary to go, so I fully trust her when she tells me that it is necessary. But man, one year is damned depressing. This is on a full pettibon chiropractic program. (That's basically a restorative program, where you build up your back strength to the point where you should in theory not need adjustments anymore). It's the program I was on before. Had I not had the car injury, I would have been just fine. I haven't been to her in months. Sigh. Nothing we can do about that now I suppose.

As a tiny side benefit, the insurance company has agreed to foot the tab for my house cleaning. I am able to call a cleaning lady to do the house for the next few weeks. Thank God for that, can you imagine what would happen to my back if I had to bend over and clean tubs, toilets, or go around vaccuming and mopping floors? I don't think I could do it.

I'd rather clean my own house and have no back pain. Besides, I'm anal so nobody can clean it like I can anyways. :)

No comments: