Saturday, December 30, 2006

Twas the Night before Eid....

Well, maybe not. That all depends on which Eid you're celebrating. You got it ladies and gentlemen. Our community does it again. Who let the freaks out?

So, for many people, today is Eid, for others, Eid is tomorrow. We are celebrating tomorrow, because it is the scheduled day according to the scientific method. I can go with that. Following a bunch of opinionated Mullahs scratching their beards and trying to come to an agreement is one thing I cannot stomach. Not now, and hopefully not ever. My kingdom for some sanity. I'm so embarrassed. Silver lining- at least I don't have to face the office with the stupidity.

Anyhow, my back is still majorly messed up. As it turns out, my ex did let me see the kids on my son's birthday last Sunday. He also told me to keep them till the next day. When the next day came around, he told me to keep them again. Apparently he was too busy. I reluctantly agreed, but in hindsight, I shouldn't have. Caring for the kids is tough when your back is out. I honestly spent most of the time in bed, and if I didn't have my family and friends cooking and sending food over, I don't know how we would have survived.

In addition to that, the meds started to mess me up big time. The pills made my ulcer flare up. So I cut to a half dose. It didn't help the back pain, but it did calm the ulcer pain. Then I started to get depressed and cry alot. There was one point where I was so exhausted that I went to bed without taking the pain killers. I woke up with a totally clear head, but massive pain. Basically, the pills were messing me up mentally. So now, I'm off the pain killers, my back is killing me, but the mental state is much better. No more crying spells. Sucks to be me.

Anyhow, I've asked my ex to take the kids for the 2 days that he owes me so I can get some rest. He can't just dump them back on me at his whim. Don't get me wrong, I love the kids, but to have to care for them when I can't even sit or stand for long periods of time, that's just mean. My ex has refused to help me by taking them and making up the 2 days so I can rest. Honestly, when it comes to the kids and my ex, I stand alone.

So here I am, kids are here with me. Eid is tomorrow, and my Ex is giving me a hard time about schedules and child care. Rumor has it that he has a girlfriend. If it's true, I'm thrilled cuz he will get off my back. On the other hand, it would explain his attitude where the kids are concerned. Some men can be so selfish. Then again, I'm sure his assholeness will work to my advantage one day.

No comments: