Saturday, January 13, 2007

So Tired, Must Get Some Sleep...

My office friend stayed over yesterday. She came to hang out with the children (who absolutely adore her! The last time she was over they were willing to adopt her as an honorary mother!). We had a nice time, went for dinner, visited my parents, and crashed. I think she had no clue how quickly two little kids can wear you out :)

Today we got up, had breakfast, bathed the kids, went to the movies (saw Happily N'ever After-the kids loved it, but truly, it's a rental), went out for lunch, did some shopping and we were both kaput. The kids on the other hand, are energizer bunnies, complete with the loud annoyance factor. I often wonder what people without children think when they are around kids for an extended period of time like that. My kids adore her, she's great with them, and I got to observe it all. My conclusion- some people without kids have waaaaay more patience with children than people who do have kids. I'm not sure why, but it seems that way to me.

I was invited to a Muslim Networking dinner tonight, and chose to sit it out. The last time I went my creepy ex was there any he stalked me the whole night. No thanks to that. So here I am, 11:30pm, safe in my bed. Good decision, if I do say so myself. Why say yes to the stalker when I can do other things (like sleep?)....exactly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey shaz,

there's a request on my blog i'd like you to look into. it's a blog to blog thing. so visit, ponder and post.

s

ps will call you tomorrow