Saturday, May 20, 2006

Weird Headspace

I've been in a bit of a zoned out headspace for the past couple of days. I don't quite feel like myself. I've been telling myself it's the weather, but I'm not so sure. I think that I have a tendency to forget how much is actually on my plate from an emotional perspective...So, just a reminder that I need to keep better track of that. It's like I go about my life, but stuff just seems to be burdening my soul in the background. I think my friends are right...I think too much.

On another note, I am getting better at taking care of myself in some ways. I am better at saying no to people, and at evaluating what's right for me, even if it involves a difficult decision. I took care of one issue on Friday. This involved putting the breaks on a situation that wasn't working for me. It was actually depleting me emotionally, and I've taken care of it in the only way I could. It was difficult, and emotional, but I'm proud of myself.

So, as for today, the children are with their father, so I spent most of the day just doing housecleaning. I went out with Mich and we picked up some flowers for my front yard. Originally, we planned to plant the flowers, but fortunately, Costco sold the already potted ones for pretty much the same price as the un-potted ones. That means no hands in the dirt time for me. Awesome, cuz I hate dirt. What a bonus. I came home and put the pots and hangers along the porch. A weekend of gardening time saved. It doesn't get better than that. Maybe I'll use the extra time to paint my toenails :-) or read the Oprah magazine I picked up. Now that's a better plan for the long weekend :-)

No comments: