Tuesday, May 23, 2006

You Know a Good Friend When...

When they are almost telepathic with you. I have a few friends like this. It's funny how I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I have many close friends who are almost telepathic in how they read my emotions. Sometimes it's actually kind of freaky. Other times, it's actually kind of touching.

A few people come to mind when I think of these rare relationships. One is my friend at the office who I've referred to as my tissue box friend. She always seems to know when I'm down, and she always shows up to hear me out, tissue box in hand. Lately, she has come with chocolate in hand, knowing that chocolate is like my one big stress relief. God I love her.

Then there is Mich. She always seems to telepathically know what mood I'm in. There have been nights where I have said "I wanna be alone", not really meaning it, and 10 minutes my doorbell rings and it's her saying "The hell you're gonna be alone". Or like Sunday morning when I was a bit down, she rang my doorbell so we could drive to the US. I opened the door and she handed me a Diet Pepsi, and a mint chocolate bar. "You sounded like you needed it...Just don't eat more than a piece of the chocolate...Deal?" Man....Some friends are like angels.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop for now. You get the point. My question is- What is it that makes some friends better than others? How do some friends develop this almost telepathic ability with eachother, and how do you find more of them?

No comments: