Wednesday, May 10, 2006

So Tired

I've been feeling really sluggish lately. This tends to happen to me in the spring when the weather changes. I have a friend in the US that suggested switching to a high protein diet to fight off some of the fatigue...I might try it out, even if it's just for a few weeks.

I have no idea where the time flies. This morning, I stepped outside and the weather was just beautiful. Perfect weather, lots of sunshine, and the best thing of all- I saw PINK flowers on the 2 trees in my front lawn. Pink flowers! My favorite colour! It was just beautiful...I wanted to stay home just to sit and work on the front porch. I have no idea when those flowers grew...I never noticed them before, and yet the trees are full of them. Sometimes we get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of life that we forget to smell the flowers...Or in my case, even notice that they are there.

Another thing I noticed- tons of tulips in my front garden. You're probably wondering why I'm so surprised that there are tulips in the garden, but I moved into this home in late June. This is my first spring in this house, so I had no idea what flowers the original owner had planted. It's all so nice...Thank GOD she planted them...I am not good at any of that stuff.

I hired a weed company to spray my grass...I am not willing to spend hours each weekend pulling out weeds...So between the flowers and the lawn care, I should be set. All I have to do is cut the grass...And that shouldn't be too bad. Actually, my brother is a real sweetheart. Last year, he helped me out by cutting my lawn every two weeks...I'm hoping to solicit his help again this year :-) Most of my family has been very good to me... Thank God for the people who have cared enough about me to help me out. Most of my family has been really understanding around how difficult life has been. I am happy to say, I do feel like I'm almost 100% back on my feet again. Here's to getting just a little bit stronger each and every day.

No comments: