Thursday, May 25, 2006

Wait 4 to 6 Weeks...

This is the response from the lawyer's office. Sheesh. You'd think I mail ordered something off the internet. What the heck is this? Internet divorce application- your package will come in the mail? (Actually, now that I think about it, someone should do that...It would have been a heck of a lot easier than the process I am going through). Anyhow, the law office said that the second set of papers have been filed. 4 to 6 weeks and I should get the court decisions in the mail, and that's it. No more court dates, no more meetings, no more signatures. It seems so...Uneventful.

Don't get me wrong, uneventful is good, especially given what I've gone through thus far. There's just something weird about getting an envelope in the mail that says "Congratulations. You have been accepted back into singlehood". Odd. I thought AT LEAST I would get served papers or something. Either way, 4 to 6 weeks it is. I'm not complaining at all. Just surprised I suppose.

My ex's lawyer made it a point to mention that if I'm "looking to remarry" I need to go back to the court 30 days after receiving the papers to get a stamp of approval to show that I am eligible to remarry. I explained that I'm in no rush for that and he seemed surprised. I think he thinks that I've been pushing things along so I could remarry someone that I have waiting on the side or something. Imagine that...Me? Wow.....What does he think, that I'm a sucker for pain? I mean, I just got out of the crappiest relationship this world has ever seen, do you REALLY think I'm going to jump into marriage again? HELL NO! How stupid do you think I am??? I'm actually a bit amused, a bit shocked and a bit insulted all at once. :-)

So- 4 to 6 weeks. Hmmm....I sense a divorce party coming on. If anyone objects to the concept of a divorce party, you're not invited. I might however, be nice and call it a "freedom party", but I'm a bit afraid someone will take it to mean I'm an American or something. Joke. Divorce party it is. Hooray for parties. Hooray for freedom. Hooray for the good friends I will have by my side!

No comments: