Sunday, May 21, 2006

Long Day

I am so tired. Mich and I went to Buffalo to pick up Rich. He's home for a couple of weeks to visit his family. We had planned it so that we could pick him up by 2pm and then maybe shop for a couple of hours and come home. As it turns out, the line up at the border was 2 hours long!!! Waiting to get across the border to get to the Buffalo Airport- ARG! Mich and I were so frustrated and poor Rich ended up waiting 2 hours for us. By the time we got him and had lunch, the Outlet Mall was pretty much closed :-( It's like dangling a carrot in front of me and taking it away and eating it yourself. Sheer torture - boo hoo. On the bright side, I have my bro in town. Whoo hoo.

So, now I am totally tired, and desperately in need of sleep. Hooray for sleep. And for a clean house. I am so glad I cleaned up before I went...It's like total peace for me right now.

Tomorrow, my babies come home. I can't wait to see them. I really miss them when they are away. Especially this time. On Thursday, when I dropped my daughter off at school, she had pulled a piece of hair out of her ponytail and basically messed it up. I pulled out a brush and combed it before sending her in. Her teacher smiled and watched and then came to me and said that she looked like a little princess. When my daughter gleefully ran into the classroom, her teacher turned to me and said "Yesterday I told your daughter she looked like a princess. Do you know what her response was? She said that she looked like a princess because her mother is the most beautiful princess in the whole world, and one day she wants to be as pretty as you".

That melted my heart. The teacher said "You know when a child really loves their parent by the way they talk when the parent isn't around. Your daughter adores you." Again- melted my heart.

I love these children. It's the little things like this that keep me motivated.

No comments: