Friday, May 12, 2006

Planning for Mother's Day

I'm looking forward to this weekend. The children will be with me this weekend, and I've got a lot of plans with them. Mich is coming over tonight with her son, and we're taking the children bowling, and she's sleeping over afterwards...The kids will love it. Tomorrow I'm taking them to Chuck E Cheese's (God I hate that place, it's such a zoo), but the children will have loads of fun.

I was a bit apprehensive about Mother's Day this Sunday. I originally felt a bit sorry for myself, because it was my first Mother's Day at home alone with the kids, and so it's not like we will celebrate much of anything. I'm a bit sentimental where Mother's Day is concerned. Then I thought about it and decided that it's a bit pathetic to be so emotional over something so trivial. My new plan- I will take the children to the mall, let them pick flowers for me, and of course for my mother, go to Laura Secord, buy myself and my mom a box of chocolates. Then I will visit my mom, give her the flowers and chocolates, and then head to Niagara with the children. I'm hoping my mom will join us, but if not, it will just be me and the kids.

I think it's much healthier for me to proactively celebrate Mother's Day with the children than it is to sit and sulk over the fact that nobody will celebrate it for me. Kind of goes with the whole theme of my newly found independence, don't ya think?

No comments: