Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mommies are Faster than Pee

This was so funny- I had a fantastic morning with the children. After getting my daughter all dressed in pink- pink shirt, skirt, pantyhose, and hairband, I was dressing my son. My daughter came rushing into the room, legs crossed, half jumping yelling "mommy, I need to go pee, I need to go peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I can't hold it!".

Ok- So she's four, and rarely ever has accidents. I have two children, the eldest of which is 6. I've been through this pee incident about a gazillion times, and must admit, I am officially faster than lightening whenever it does happen. Fortunately I got her to the washroom, with clothes off just in time. (There was no way in hell I was prepared to shower her and change her clothes if she were to have an "accident").

So, afterwards, my relieved little baby (who did not want to miss wearing a complete pink outfit to school) exclaimed:

"Mommy- you know what I love THE MOST about you?"
"No baby, what's that?"
"Mommies are super fast. The fastest in the world. Mommies are even faster than PEE!!"
I howled. Now that was funny. Sad, true, but very very funny.

"Baby- that's what you love THE MOST about me? There's nothing you love more?" (OK- sorry, but if that's all I have to offer my kid, I'm doing something really wrong).

My little politician's answer:
"Don't be silly mommy-there's alot of stuff I like about you. That's just what I like the most today".

Fair answer. I can't argue that, now can I?

No comments: