Monday, May 29, 2006

TTC Strike

You would think the TTC strike would not affect someone who has the option of driving into the office. Wrong. Try driving in when there is 3x the traffic. Bad times. I tried today, and was stuck for 2 hours, and then I decided to turn around and come back home. Forget it. Not worth it at all. No big deal. I got a chance to work from home and that was worth it. Better than attempting the insane commute home after work.

As for my weekend, I had a fantastic weekend. Really wonderful time. I had some friends over from NY and we had a nice time together. It was nice spending time with them, and we had a fun evening at Sassafraz on Saturday night as well. They're gone now, but I do hope to see them again soon. Maybe I'll manage a trip out to NY sometime in the future. Yaay shopping. :-)

Well back to reality...The commute to work tomorrow, and the usual drill of picking up the kids etc....it was nice to have a change for the past couple of days. I think I'm going to take some time off to go away with the children this summer. It's been a long time since I went away on a vacation. It's long overdue for us.

No comments: