Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Holiday Weekend Alone

Well, I didn't go to NY. As things turned out, my friend's schedule had a change of plans, and my back was out, and so on. As it turns out, it's probably for the best because the weather in NY was so bad this morning, that Laguardia had no flights coming in or out. That combined with my bad back would have meant long wait times at the airport, so no thanks to that. So here I am, an entire weekend alone, no kids, a huge opportunity to hang out and have fun with friends, and my back is out. I'm trying not to feel depressed, but man, it's depressing. There is so much stuff I could do in the house, but no energy to do any of it. I think I'm going to try the movie marathon thing, if my back can handle having me sit like that for long periods of time.

My son's birthday is tomorrow. I'm hoping my ex will let me see him, as I want to give him his birthday present. I'm just not sure how responsive my ex will be. He's been such a jerk lately that it's hard to tell with him. Then again, I am entitled to see my child on his birthday. I'll send an email and try my luck.

I have plans with family on Christmas day. I'm hoping to have a better back by boxing day, cuz that's my shopping day since I was like 5. I had NO desire to step in a mall today, so you know I'm not myself. I did however, make it out for a back massage. It helped a bit, but only a bit. I'm really hoping the pain will let go sooner or later.

In the meantime, I'm going to try the popcorn/movie in bed thing. I've got a few DVDs compliments of Rich, so they should keep me busy.

No comments: