Friday, December 08, 2006

No More Flowers!!!

Oi, my head. I woke up this morning to yet another phone call from my ex. He was asking if he could help out by dropping the children off to school. I hesitantly agreed, as I also had to hurry out of the house to go to an appointment and then meet my girlfriend. My ex showed up, with yet another bouquet of flowers in hand. Enough is enough. I told him that this was his third bouquet of flowers to me this week, and that it is highly inappropriate for an ex husband to be constantly giving flowers to an ex wife. He tried to re-assure me by saying that he was just trying to establish a kind and peaceful relationship with me, and that I should at least try to meet him half way. I told him that he could create a peaceful relationship in a way that didn't require flowers. I cannot after all be purchased, nor do I want the constant reminder of his flowers all around my house. I asked him to take the flowers home and he refused. Sigh.

Then my son was packing his backpack and inserted his birthday party invitations in the pocket. I allowed my son to invite 8 of his school friends to Chuck E Cheese's for his birthday. That will make 10 kids in total, which is about all that I can handle. Anyhow, my ex saw the cards and asked why I didn't tell him about the party. 'Because you aren't invited' is what I was thinking. Then my son asked if his dad could come. Then his dad said "yeah, can I"? Talk about putting someone on the spot. I just smiled brilliantly and said, "no- did you forget? You have a business trip to go to. Perhaps you can ask your mother to throw a party of your own when you get back."

Once my ex had the kids in the car, I called him back and told him that I was not impressed. If his visits to my home are going to taint my relationship with my children, he better not even think of "helping out" anymore. I'm sick of it. He said he didn't mean to and I told him that's even worse. If this is how jerky he is when he's trying not to be a jerk, then that just proves that he's an even bigger jerk than I thought. End of story. He reluctantly left. I'm so sick of this crap it isn't funny. Not even a bit.

Anyhow, I had a nice day shopping with my office buddy today. We both had the day off. We even saw that new movie The Holiday (very cute movie, but most definitely a chick flick). Sigh. If only real life were like that. One day, I'll write my story about a psycho marriage and divorce. It will put Sleeping with the Enemy to shame. (Yes I did watch that movie way back in the day. I was actually quite intrigued by it. Now there's a surprise). I'm being mean now. I'll stop...

Anyhow, our last stop for the day was picking up my friend's Christmas tree. What fun. I love trees, and lights, and the season, even if we don't get to celebrate it ourselves. I'm told I'm a Christmas wannabe. Funny, and true in many ways. What a beautiful season. I absolutely love it. It's so festive and fun. Too bad we (Muslims) don't get to have trees and lights, and a big, round, kind old man who generously gives gifts to the world. Santa rocks :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A festival can only be as festive as a person wants to make it.

Since Eid is coming up around the end of December - show your kids how festive Eid can be by putting up lights around your home, and stashing away gifts that they can open up on the morning of Eid. There is nothing that says you cannot be creative to make your own Muslim festivals as joyus as the Critmas ones are.

shaz said...

I do stash gifts, and leave them for the kids to open on Eid morning. They absolutely love it...but I'm not a fat bearded guy :(