Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Laugh with a Friend

I had to work late tonight. Afterwards, I had quick dinner with a friend. I'm glad cuz I haven't laughed like that in weeks. It's such an awesome stress relief to totally let go. I need to do it more often. I only have a few friends who make me laugh, like really laugh, and this was one of them.

The office is becoming a weirder and weirder place these days. I thought I was indifferent when it came to re-orgs. I don't think I'm so indifferent anymore. I'm basically fed up and a little jarred. Not a good combination.

My day went better today. I actually got work done, and no breakdowns. Pathetic when you observe that about yourself isn't it? It's almost like you're expecting a cookie for not crying at school or something. Sigh. One step at a time. I'm hoping for a leap any day now...

Tomorrow is the visitation for my friend at the funeral hall. I'll be going there. On my way back to my car after dinner tonight, I stopped at the MAC store and picked up waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Hey, just cuz I've looked like crap for days, doesn't mean I have to go on looking like crap. The waterproof stuff is just, I dunno, insurance, in case my mind-of-its-own Niagra Falls tears factory takes over. I already did the black tears in the office one two many times, and my office colleague jokingly pointed out the benefits of switching to waterproof eyemakeup. Good point honey!

Truthfully, I am hoping to stay fully composed. I've had enough time for everything to sort of soak in. But just in case I can't (yeah, like won't that be a surprise?), nobody will know the difference. All part of my new grand master plan.

God bless waterproof fake-up.

No comments: