Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Christmas Concert

Today was my daughter's Christmas concert. She was adorable, sang her little heart out. Cute as a button. We had some drama when we were skirt shopping yesterday. I needed to buy a black bottom for her to wear. I couldn't find any skirts in her size and was about to buy pants when she sat on the floor in the Wal-Mart and threw a full-on tantrum. "NOOOO! I want a skirt! I need to look pretty! The other girls will look better than me!"

Yeah chickie. Maybe you should try getting off the nasty floor first.

We can dress them as girls, but they don't always act like princesses. Either way, she won, because I managed to find a velvet and lace skirt. Very girly. I almost didn't want to buy it though, because I felt like I was caving into the tantrum. Then again, I did tell her we were going to Wal-Mart to buy a SKIRT. So it is kind of my own fault.

Anyhow, at the Christmas concert, I found out that my daughter doesn't get stage fright. I am always surprised when kids that age manage to remain confident. Afterwards, one of the teachers commented on how well behaved she is, and how strong she is in a public environment. (Clearly, they didn't see her at the Wal-Mart yesterday). I said "Yeah, I'm glad she can manage in front of the crowd...man, how did that happen?", and she said "Well, look who her mommy is". Nice compliment, but are you KIDDING ME? I guess they don't see my neurotic side, or my stress-O-Rama days or my cannot handle stress moments. I'm sure my office friends would beg to disagree with this comment. Funny how everyone can look good when you're on the outside looking in. When you're on the inside looking out, you feel less competent than the rest of the world. Just an observation.

Anyhow, naturally, my ex was there. I didn't say much to him. He went on and on introducing himself to the other parents, blabbing about his stupid birthday party for the kids. What a moron. Like I give a damn. He's just making an ass of himself. One of the mothers who brought their daughter to my daughter's party in October said "Oh, I think I got a card from your..." and I cut her off and I said "EX husband. Yes, I heard about that." And then I smiled. And she gave me the "oh" and nodded. Honestly....I was so much happier when this twit moved to Dubai. That was a few months of bliss. If only he would go again, and leave me the hell alone.

Anyhow, I called the parents today and cancelled the party I had arranged for this Sunday. Now I need to call Chuck E Cheese and try to get my deposit back.

Like I said to my friend earlier...sometimes the wrong guys jump off the bridge. The mean ones will never jump.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woaa! (is that how you spell that?) That was a real zinger! The Shaz i know doesn't really mean that... You've trudged through worse than this and come out with your head up. You've inspired others with your ability to pick yourself up, dust off, and keep going (that doesn't mean I'm telling you to play martyr or NOBLE woman)... c'mon my friend, don't get pulled down by HIS issues...
S