Thursday, December 14, 2006

Even Teachers Fear the Weirdos

While at my daughter's Christmas concert yesterday, I approached her teacher and advised that I wouldn't be able to attend our parent-teacher interview, scheduled for tomorrow (Friday), as I have a late meeting to attend at the office. I told her that she can go ahead and meet with my ex, and that I would schedule some time with her next week so that we can chat. I'm off as of Tuesday next week, so I'm pretty flexible schedule wise. She had this nervous look on her face, and then she said "Actually, he's scary. I don't want to meet with him alone. Can you just ask him to come with you next week?" I chuckled and said that I would speak to him. He agreed to meet with us next Tuesday. She thanked me for the effort.

This morning, when I went in to drop my daughter off, the same teacher approached me once again and said "Please don't mind, but when we meet next week, can we keep the meeting really short? I'll give you guys an overview, and then you and I can meet another time to talk. He kind of has a tendency to get over-involved". Um, sure. Why not?

But wow. Think about it for a second. The TEACHER doesn't like speaking to the child's father. That just speaks volumes now doesn't it?

So aside from the obvious, which is that everyone knows him to be the idiot that he is, this means that nobody respects him. He makes his own bed. Thank God we aren't still married. I mean, can you IMAGINE? At least this way I can avoid the humiliation. They obviously know why he is my ex. Any other scenario and they would be wondering why I kept him as a hubby.

Man- he would just be bringing me down. We all need partners that are a good match for us. This one was anything but that.

Well, thank God I get to be seen as the "good" parent. That has to be in my favour, right?

No comments: