Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Privacy at Last

And the blinds go up. Thank you Rich for the support and love that you give me. I am so bad- Rich came to put up the blinds while I sat and watched. But really, I'm not that great at this stuff, and really, I'm still under the weather. My friends rock.

I feel safer now. I feel like I can sit in the main floor of my house in peace. I don't think I realized how much the lack of privacy at night impacted my lifestyle. I just realized today that because you could see through the curtains in my front room (living room) I never sat there at night. Anyone could watch me through the bay windows.

As I admired the chocolate brown wooden blinds today (they do look nice), I realized that I could now peacefully sit in this front room and not feel like I'm being watched. What a gift. I mean, all this time I had my own home, but I was still restricted in it. It almost seems silly now.

Either way, this brings me a lot of peace. Next step- install floodlights and locks for the back door.

Safety and security- here I come.

No comments: