Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Weekend Away

I went to NYC to visit a friend this weekend. I had a nice time there. I was really hoping to see the tree lit up at the Rockefeller Centre, but they won't be lighting it until Wed :(

My luck. Otherwise, it was really beautiful in Manhattan. Christmas has a very different feel there than it does in Toronto. It's just more- festive and Christmas-sy I guess. That coming from the Muslim girl - tee hee. Hey- what can I say- I love the season...it's all so beautiful.

I really wanted to go ice skating at the Rockefeller Centre, but the line was too long. We opted to have dinner in the restaurant overlooking the ice rink. As we were dining, we saw one guy propose to his girlfriend. It's really funny- they have this complete engagement package for anyone who wants to propose. So you pay $200, you get to bypass the line up, you get exclusive time on the ice with your date, and you get to propose in front of everyone.

I think it's cheesy. I would hate it if someone did something so un-original and brutally public for such an intimate and special moment. I guess it's cute if you're really young, like early 20's, but it's really cheesy if you're older than that.

3 comments:

Lt. Dan said...

Nope, it's cheesy regardless of your age.

Anonymous said...

Hey it gets you time on the skating rink, I say "go for it".

BF

shaz said...

You're so funny! That's so true. I guess you could always fake a proposal to get to the front of the skating rink. :)