Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Princess Party

I had a little birthday party for my daughter on Saturday. There were 10 children present, including my own. I call it little because last year, I had 20 kids and maybe 15 adults at a children's birthday hall. Last year was way too costly. This year, in the interest of keeping things simple, I had a smaller party at Woodie Woodchucks, which is similar to Chuck E Cheese's.

So 8 invitees including Mich's son and 7 of my daughter's school friends. It turned out OK. The girls had a nice time, and the main difference is that I didn't invite all my extended friends. Keeping it to school friends only wasn't such a bad idea actually. It eliminated a lot of the outside pressure. If I invite one friend, I have to invite all of them, and then it turns into another big affair. There is so much drama around the desi (Indo-Pak) community, it's unbelievable.

Anyhow, the weekend came and went. It was a busy one. I had the birthday party on Saturday, a get together at a friend's place on Saturday night and then some repair work around the house on Sunday, as well as my son's hockey game Sunday afternoon. The usual weekend stuff.

I'm trying to get my house in order. It's amazing what that cold/flu did to me. I was so knocked out. So now, I face 5 backlogged loads of laundry, dishes, cleanup, washrooms etc. My 15 mins a night can't even make a dent in it. Sigh, these are the days where I do feel the gap of a partner in the house. I can handle most day to day stuff, but when you get sick, you realize how alone you really are.

Either way, I'll catch up. I always do. :)

No comments: