Sunday, November 19, 2006

Chat with my Former Boss

It sounds so weird to call him that. I think in my mind he will always be my boss. 8 years is a very long working relationship. I spoke to him on Saturday night (well, technically Sunday morning- today). I was online and sent him an email at 12:30am (today) and he replied and asked if I was available to talk on the phone. I said I would love to. I haven't spoken to him even once since all this happened. It was nice to speak to him.

We didn't discuss any particulars around his departure from the company. It wouldn't have been appropriate for me to ask any questions. We just sort of talked. He said he was doing fine, and that he really misses everyone, and asked me to send his best to everyone. He said he would be in touch with us soon and that we could all meet later on. He asked alot about how I am doing on a personal front. He knew that just a few weeks ago my ex was really driving me crazy and he wanted to know how the stalking situation was going. I told him that it's settling down, and he seemed relieved to hear it. And that my friends is why I miss him so much- a boss who genuinely cares about your well being. Now imagine that!

All in all, I would say that this conversation was good for me. It gave me a sense of ease to talk to him, and to know that he will be ok. I feel so much better now. Don't get me wrong. I'm not happy to see him leave, but I don't feel this big open unresolved thing. It's sort of closure on his departure, but not closure on the friendship of course. That should hopefully stay alive for years to come.

But like I said, I feel alot better now.

No comments: