Monday, October 02, 2006

Why do we Fall?

So that we can learn how to pick ourselves up again. Or at least, so I hope. If that's not what I'm learning here, then I'm just plain lost.

Just when you think things are going well, just when you think you can finally trust again- it hits you.

I'm wondering why I keep re-learning old lessons? Am I naive, or am I just trying to change the things that I cannot change? Like my personality perhaps, or like the way I respond to people. When I try to play mean with my ex, he wins, when I try to play nice with my ex, he wins again. Either way, I lose.

I trusted my ex with one thing- hoping perhaps we could be civil and learn to work together for the sake of the children. Today I got the worst possible kind of email, basically taking that trust, stomping all over it, and sticking it to me.

Turns out, my patience, kindness and sympathy is about to cost me about $500 a month. Ongoing. So much for being nice.

I think it's time to go back to the lawyers, and to the courts. If anyone is out there, remind me NEVER EVER to give an inch. NEVER. Because when I do, he takes a mile. Or two.

Yeah, Happy Ramadan indeed.

Man I sound bitter :)

No comments: