Thursday, October 26, 2006

Security Measures

It's 7am. I went to bed at 1am. I woke up at 5am. I can't sleep. The thought of what he might be up to really scare me.

Yesterday, I went out with Rich and Mich to buy blinds for the main floor. I have curtains, but you can kind of see through them at night. I bought floodlights for the outside of my house, and a combination padlock for the backyard gate. Just doing whatever I can to protect this home. I actually contemplated a security camera system. It was $250 and came with 2 exterior security cameras, a monitor, and a recording system so the tapes can be stored/used. I wanted to buy it, but Mich said I was being too paranoid, and that I would be safe enough with the measures I'm currently taking. I personally thought security cameras would be good- because I can use them in court if I ever needed to. I guess I'll wait and see.

Yesterday at 5pm I went to my real estate lawyer and had my name changed on the deed to my house. If something ever happens to me, at least my biggest asset will be in my maiden name. I feel better knowing that. The lawyer I went to is a personal friend. He was OUR personal friend when we were married. He told me that 10 minutes before I arrived my ex was there, and spoke to him, asking him to speak to me, and try to get me to reconcile. I told him under no circumstances would I be willing to do it. I am so embarrassed. This is just wrong. I did tell him to tell my ex that if he continued harassing me, I would get a restraining order. About an hour later I got a phone call from my ex (he called from a different number), and he was requesting that I please forgive him and NOT get a restraining order. Sigh.

The night before last, I got a phone call from a former marriage counsellor. He said that my ex contacted him and told him what was going on, and would I be willing to come in and chat. My answer was hell no. He said he wouldn't want me to reconcile or anything, after all, he knew details about how bad things were for me, but he did want to know if there were anything he could do to make things more amicable for the sake of the children. Of course there is something you can do. Tell my ex to leave me the hell alone. Then we can be civil. Sheesh.

Anyhow, that's my update. I'm sure there will be more drama as the day continues. This is, after all, my life. Dramatic like a soap opera, crazier than any movie. Honestly. Some of the movies I've seen about crazy ex husbands can't even compare to this insanity. I'm living it baby.

No comments: