Monday, October 30, 2006

Cough up a Lung

This is what happens when you let life take over. You become as sick as a dog. I haven't been this sick in a long time. I couldn't go into the office AND I couldn't work from home. Now that's rare. Every time I sat up I thought my head would pop off or something. I've been lying down all day, except to go to the doctor's.

Dr Clive said that this bug is going around. He said that the fact that I've been stressed and sleep deprived probably didn't help much either. He also said that this bug lasts 5-7 days, and that the worst part is yet to come. Apparently, it comes fully equipped with a handy dandy stomach flu around the day-3 mark. Oh yaay.

Tomorrow is Halloween, and my daughter's 5th birthday. Sadly, I'll have to send her trick or treating with some friends, and as for her birthday, well, not too sure what to do. I was going to have family over for cake, but my doctor said it's better not to, because everyone else will catch my cold :(

My poor daughter. I did take a friend's advice, and offer the children the choice of going out with their father, or Mich tomorrow for Halloween. They picked Mich. I'm actually kind of surprised.

I feel so bad. I'm going to be ducking out on Halloween and her birthday. Mean mommy.

I will however, make sure I get up and dress them in their costumes for school. That's the least I can do.

No comments: