Friday, October 13, 2006

Mid Ramadan

Actually- that's a lie...it's just slightly past mid Ramadan. I'm finding I'm tired from the fasting this year, and that doesn't usually happen to me. Yesterday the headaches were so bad I couldn't take it anymore. But I know I shouldn't complain. It defeats the purpose. Mind you, a couple of days ago I was emailing a friend and I mentioned that I was dying for a diet Pepsi and that I couldn't wait to start drinking diet Pepsi again. He said "don't worry- it's almost over". I replied by saying "I know, 15 days left", and he said "actually, I was referring to the few hours left in this day so you can have a diet Pepsi. You just went and wrote off the rest of Ramadan!". How shameful of me. I am so embarrassed.

The children will be at their father's this weekend. I personally am looking forward to the break, to the chance to sleep in, to be lazy given the headaches, and to see if I can make it out to the gym. The last time I went to the gym was last Friday, and I started to get lightheaded during the workout. I went after breaking fast, but still, I think a whole day of fasting takes a toll on you, even if you do try to go to the gym AFTER having your one meal for the day. I'm looking forward to getting back to my regular diet/exercise routine after Ramadan.

I also have to do Eid shopping for the children this weekend. Since they will be at their dad's place, it will give me the opportunity to buy Eid gifts and wrap them before the kids get to take a peek. I love this part- shopping and presents. What could be better? :)

No comments: