Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Scary Visitor

I came back from my doctor's appointment this afternoon and saw something a bit odd and very scary. (Actually- on that note- appointment went well, but the ulcer is now officially back after one year, so I can't fast anymore) :(

Anyhow, my house is visible from the main road. As I was driving into my neighbourhood, I looked over towards my house and noticed my ex leaving the front porch. This freaked me out a bit, and as I turned into the neighbourhood, I saw his car parked a block away. I turned onto my street and he was gone, so I turned back around and parked behind his car and waited for him to return. A couple of minutes later, he came to his car and I asked him what he was doing at my home in the middle of the day. He didn't have an answer.

Honestly, this was really creepy behaviour. I have no clue in the world why he was there, what he was looking for, if he had done anything weird, and why he felt the need to park a block away and walk over to my house. I mean, a normal innocent person would just park in the driveway, right? I'm blogging this now, half because, gosh -if something ever happens to me, the world has read this post. I was really freaked out, wondering if the house would blow up or catch fire when I opened the front door. I know, it's insane for me to think this way, but my mind is getting the best of me I suppose.

He really didn't have an explanation, that's what bothered me. Nothing. His answer to my "What are you doing at my home" question was "I don't know". It gave me chills. I mean, honestly, today is Thursday. I am usually in the office on Thursdays. I work from home Fridays, so he couldn't have been looking for me. I happened to be home because I have an off site thing to tend to for the office tomorrow. So what was he doing here???

When I asked him again, he broke down and cried. Same story- that he loves me, that he's changed, that he only wants me to take him back, that he swears I'm the best woman in the entire world and that he would treat me like a princess if I would just take him back. I felt sorry for him, but still- what was he doing at my home? I mean, I can't shake this fear... So anyways, I told him to move on, I told him that he was freaking me out with this behaviour. I also reminded him that I still care about his well being, because he is the childrens' father. He talked about all the horrible things he did to me, and that he was sorry. I told him that we cannot be together.

Sadly, his tactics continue. He claims that he came to my house for closure, but I don't buy it. I'm not that stupid. How can someone get closure by visiting a home that they never lived in? That makes no sense at all. So what was he doing at my house? GOSH- this is going to bug me all night!

I know- I'm scatterbrained right now. I can't help it. My mind is racing. Hope you guys can follow my crazy rant :)

And hey- If anyone has any ideas around why he was here, or what I should do, please let me know. I have friends that have suggested that I call the police, but what if that just makes him worse?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for alarm systems. I don't know what he was doing at your home, but at least you know he can't get in!

shaz said...

This is true, but to be honest, I think I'm getting paranoid. I keep wondering what he was doing here. I didn't sleep a wink last night, and tonight the kids are with their dad, so I'm even MORE paranoid.

I am going out tomorrow to buy blinds for the main floor, at night you can still see in through the drapes so I feel a bit unprotected.