Thursday, October 19, 2006

4 Days to Go

I shouldn't complain about fasting, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I had the same problem last year, where my ulcer flared up towards the end of Ramadan. This year, it's similar- ulcer etc. Sigh. I'm going to the doc today to see what he says. 4 days to go and I may not be able to fast any more. I almost made it through this year...almost.

So, anyways, I have finished all my Eid shopping (hooray). Can't wait to see the look on the children's faces when they open their presents. It's all about the children. I'm too old to get Eid presents. Nobody does that for me anymore

Hey- not complaining...I love giving gifts just as much (if not more) anyways.

So I have a beef. What the heck is up with that stupid Pakistani guy running for MP? Is he nuts? As if Muslims don't get enough bad publicity through terrorism, we now get the joy of dealing with Mr. Freakorama who acts like a loose cannon? What idiots. This quote says it all :

"Some of the people who come here to Canada from Pakistan try to play the same games," says freelance journalist Javed Zaheer, who knows all the parties involved in the story. "This is what they know. They try to suppress the other candidates, to pressure them to sit out of the race or dig up some dirt."

And then in today's news, we had another similar case. Sigh. What next?

Honestly, from now on, if someone asks my background, I'm going to say I'm Spanish or something. GEEZ! How bloody embarrassing! Go home losers! You're ruining it for the rest of us!

No comments: