Monday, March 13, 2006

The Plan

OK- So I've come up with a game plan to help me through the next few weeks. I spoke to my ex and he said that the divorce papers should be ready in the end of next week. I'm really hoping he's not lying to me, because this is dragging on too long for my liking. I actually had a conversation with him today where I told him that this is totally over, and that he shouldn't bother me any more. Let's hope he gets it through his head.

So, I've come to terms with the fact that I am not doing well, and that I need an extended break. Fortunately, I have tons of vacation time coming my way, since I have carry forward weeks from last year. I'm taking 3 weeks off starting this coming Monday. I'll be taking this week to wrap things up at the office, and then I'll get a break for 3 weeks. That should hopefully be enough to get me re-centered again. I really need to function normally. I really need to be myself again. People are starting to notice that I'm not myself. Well, I mean, those around me who care to keep in touch. The rest of course, know very little about how things have been for me lately.

So here is the game plan for the 3 weeks off: gym, journaling, lying around doing nothing, and shopping. It sounds like a plan to me. I'm not sure if I will go away anywhere because that will require too much planning- financial, and then arrangements for the children, so I might have to pass.

Oh yes, I also plan to re-do my bedroom. It's time for me to buy new furniture. The old bedroom set (yes from my married days- very morbid) has to go. I just bought new bedding, so all that's left is new lamps, and a nice coat of paint. That should be enough to keep me occupied for the 3 weeks. Hopefully it will be enough to give me a fresh slate?

No comments: