Sunday, March 05, 2006

Friends to the Rescue

Thank God for friends. They are awesome. Funny, sometimes even family doesn't kick in and realize when you're down, but when your friends step up to the plate, that's really something special.

It's no shock to anyone who knows me that things have been building up for awhile. The lack of sleep with the emotional weirdness is making me feel really 'off' these days. All I can say is I wait anxiously for my one weekend with the children, because I miss spending time with them. Right now, I can honestly say that this was the WRONG weekend for me to have the children. I can barely handle myself. My fuse is short, my emotions are high, and it's not good for them.

Friday and Saturday were just bad for me and by Sunday, my good friend called me and told me to drop the children at her place and go shopping. She knows better than anyone that a few hours at a mall and I'm re-charged, like I can start with a clean slate. I don't know what it is about shopping, but it works like a charm every time. I know it sounds a bit sad or pathetic...But hey- there are worse habits out there...Like drinking excessively, for example.

Either way, I dropped the kids off for 4 hours and came back feeling like a new person. I got to walk (with my bad knee- I'm sure I'll be paying for that), and got to feel new again. I was able to be happy and to top it off, when I got back to her place to pick up the children, she had fed my children dinner, and had dinner ready for me. Now that's a REAL friend. I cannot describe how badly I needed one little shoulder to lean on, and this friend was here right in time. This seems to be a trend in my life. Every time I feel like I'm hitting rock bottom one friend or another saves me. Angels. All of them. Thank God for them. I wouldn't dare to imagine where I would be today if it hadn't been for the network of angels that seems to catch me at the right moment and hold me up when I need it.

I'm still afraid to face yet another week, but thankfully, I feel just a bit recharged right now....5 days till the next weekend. One day at a time, right? :-)

No comments: