Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Day 2 at the Gym

I'm amazed. The knee is holding up. Albeit with a knee brace while I'm there, but hey, it's still holding up! I'm thrilled. Here's the cool thing about the gym. Every day gets easier. I did 20 mins of cardio yesterday and managed 30 today. I would like to work my way back up to 1hr. Let's see how this goes.

I spoke to the lawyer today. He said two things. He said I should get my ex to agree to an interm payment plan, even with a slightly adjusted amount until he gets a job again, and I should avoid the courts, because it will just cost unnecessary money. He said my ex can't stay out of work too long, and if he does, he can't use the excuse that he can't support us. With an MBA and a PMP, he should be able to pull his weight in no time, and if he doesn't the courts will side with me on the grounds that he is deliberately delaying. So, I feel re-assured. Basically, I might have a hit for a few months, but only that, and he can't bring it down to zero. Now's the tough part. Getting all this through his head.

Anyhow, I'm sitting with a new perspective. I think I'm going to manage through this. It is, after all, just money. And money comes and goes. Besides all that, it's spring, and sunny, and I'm off for 3 weeks. I have time to re-group, so I'm not going to let this get to me.

I did ask about the divorce papers. I asked if they're still on track for Friday. The answer was "um- sure, yeah, as far as I know, so let's say yes". Hmmm- that was NOT reassuring. I'll wait till Friday, Monday at the latest and then I'll bring in my lawyers. The big guns so to speak.

As for the rest of today, I spent the afternoon cooking. I never get time to cook, and I do enjoy it. I'll pick up the kids in an hour and bring them home to have supper. Hooray for being a mom again.

No comments: