Wednesday, March 22, 2006

An Interim Agreement

My ex and I have managed to come up with an interim agreement which although it is not ideal, will suffice for the time being. Now we're going to draft it and sign it. Let's see how it goes. I'm told the papers are on track for Friday. My fingers are crossed. My friends are saying we should throw a big party when this is over. I'm inclined to agree. Enough is enough.

So today, I went to the gym (muscles are getting sore, but thankfully, the knee is holding up), came home and went through the mail, had lunch with a girlfriend, did the dishes, went to mom and dad's for dinner, and then went shopping with my brother and dad. We picked out a bedroom set for me. Apparently, they are on back order so it may not arrive for up to 8 weeks, but the guy is trying to get it in sooner. I told him to try his best, because I was really hoping to have my bedroom re-done before I go back to the office. It was all part of my new beginning thing for this time off. But, I'll find a way to work with whatever I have. Worst case scenario, I'll just paint and finish the drapes and bedding and wait for the rest to arrive.

My son came down with a nasty fever tonight. That is so hard. There is nothing worse than a sick child. It breaks your heart. So, I had to be at the mercy of my ex to see if he could watch him in the day tomorrow. I would do it, but I have 3 doctor's appointments downtown tomorrow. I hate having to ask him for favours, but really, he's unemployed so he's sitting at home anyways, and sick kids don't do much. They just watch TV and sleep all day. I'm sure my son will survive, and really- I need these appointments. I'll just call and check on him throughout the day.

Either way, I'll try to get home early so I can at least ease my own conscience. Oh the joys of being a single mom.

No comments: