Thursday, March 23, 2006

Parent-Teacher Interview

Today was ok. It was a busy day- I had lots of doctors appointments for various things, and spent most of the day downtown. I had a really nice lunch with a friend for about 3 hours, (ok a long lunch), so that was a nice break in the day.

This evening I had a parent-teacher interview with my son's school. My ex wanted to come along, and so we had to find a time that worked for both of us. That alone was enough drama.

Tonight we had the interview. My ex was on decent behaviour. I think he was trying to show me that I don't matter to him anymore, which is fine by me. I'd rather have that than all the recent drama. So overall, I can't complain about it. Plus, it avoids me having to spend a half hour phone call giving him an update afterwards. A session with a third party present (the teacher) is waaaaay better than a phone call.

As for me, I have to spend the whole day at home tomorrow waiting to see if these divorce papers will actually arrive. I'm told they "should" whatever that means. He says if they don't come tomorrow, they will come by Monday for sure. Nice way to ruin two whole days. I'm going to call the lawyer directly and find out for sure. If they haven't given the papers to the serving dude by the morning, its unlikely I will get them tomorrow. If that's what the lawyer ends up telling me when I call, I'm going to go to the gym instead of hanging out here unnecessarily.

No comments: