Friday, February 10, 2006

Test Results

Today was busy with office work. I stayed home from work (again), and although my ear is about to fall off from all the conference calls, on the good side, it is really nice to get some work done. Clearing email in between meetings without interruption is pretty cool. I started off on Tuesday morning with around 150 pending items in my Inbox at work. By 'pending', I mean opened and still need to be actioned- either I need to draft a report, do background work, email five other people before I can reply to just one, and so on. It means they require more work than just a simple reply, and that I can't just 'delegate' or 'delete' to get rid of them. I'm now sitting at 35 such emails remaining in the Inbox. That's pretty darn good, considering I still have a regular inflow of email that I'm also managing. I am so much more productive when I work from home. It's unbelievable.

As for my doctor's visit, it went pretty well. The x-ray and ultrasound were both good, which means that nothing is broken and the ligaments don't appear to be torn. That means that I've probably just sprained it badly, and that it will probably heal. The doctor says I will need to wear the tensor on my knee for another month, and stay on the anti-inflammatories for a few more days. He also reminded me that we can't know more at the moment. We need to let the knee heal and see what it feels like in a month's time. Depending on that we may or may not still need to do an MRI. One downside of all this...No heels for some time. That royally sucks. I might as well pack away all my shoes. All but one pair, because I only own one pair of flat-heeled shoes. That's kind of crappy.

But still, the more important point, and the one I'm thankful for is that it looks like I won't need surgery. I can't ask for more than that. Dr. Clive thinks that by Monday, nobody will even notice my limp. He says with the tensor on for the next month, I should appear to walk normally. Without it, I could hurt the knee again. If I hurt the knee again, even just a little bit, I run the risk of major permanent damage. I cannot have that happen. I just can't. Tensor and flat-heeled shoes it is.

A couple of friends took me out for birthday dinner tonight. I had a nice time. It was nice to get out of the track pants and make it out for the evening. It was nice to get out of the house. It was nice to sit and chat. Given, it was hard to walk, but, they let me lean on them to walk into the restaurant, and I was able to discretely rest my leg on the chair in front of me (I know- uncivilized, but nobody could see that), so it all worked out. And I even had super yummy cheesecake. MMMMM!

No comments: