Monday, February 06, 2006

The Ring

I forgot the ring. Fortunately, so did she. My daughter lost her little sparkly ring at the movie theatre yesterday. You have not seen sadness until you see the tears of a 4 year old as she cries over her long lost precious sparkly ring. What a drama queen. This kid cried for 3 hours yesterday over some silly dollar store ring that she lost at the theatre. I had promised to buy a replacement today and forgot. My girlfriend at the office even reminded me not to forget the ring today, but I still forgot it. I'm just hoping she doesn't remember tonight. That way I can buy a new one tomorrow and she won't know the difference. Geez...The things we go through as parents.

I spent about a half an hour researching alarm systems today. I didn't want to experience the fury of my friends, so I decided to follow through on this one. It's kind of scary- I mean, you never think your life will turn out this way, but somewhere along the way it does, well for some of us anyways. If you had asked me 12 years ago, I would never have believed that I would one day be shopping for an alarm system to protect my home, myself and my children from my psycho-nutcase of an ex. But here I am- the joy, the joy. And think- many people tell me that I'm one of the lucky ones. That is so true, which is totally sad.

Well, like I said, despite how insane this past weekend was, I am grateful for it. I'm actually looking forward to the divorce papers. I need this to be over. I need my space. I spoke to some of my friends last night, and one of them worked at a woman's shelter for several years. She basically told me to brace myself. She said that in situations like these, when things become totally final and irreversible (like this), that's when the psycho-ex becomes a real psycho-ex. (WHAT? You mean I haven't seen the REAL psycho side yet? That is nuts!)

She basically warned me that it will likely get much worse before it gets better. Well- that's nice. I'm REALLY looking forward to that. OK- so to all my Muslim friends- what the heck happened to "God will never give you more than you can bear"? I think I've kind of reached the "not able to bear any more" line right about now. Hopefully there won't be much more coming my way. HOPEFULLY.

I'm also looking forward to an alarm system. Maybe it really will help me sleep better at night. That would be...Peaceful. I won't feel as tired or cranky and that sounds fantastic. My co-workers will be happy. Birds will sing in my neighborhood again...Maybe even on my front lawn. People will no longer fear cranky Indian girl with the bad attitude. My voice will be chipper and sound melodious. YES- I'm kidding....Obviously the lack of sleep is getting to me. But I'm still smiling, and right about now, laughing...At myself and my crazy thoughts. That's a good thing, right?

No comments: